Address: P.O. Box 136, Kensington, MD 20895
Email: [email protected]
The Town of Chevy Chase View, as established within its Charter, has a Town Council form of government. The Town Manager is selected and appointed by the Town Council. The Town Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the Town and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing and implementing all ordinances, rules and regulations of the governing body. Further, the Town Manager has the responsibility of preparing and submitting an annual budget and making recommendations on all matters concerning the jurisdiction’s welfare.
The duties of the Town Manager are outlined in Charter Sec. 3.C., and include:
- Handling the full range of municipal responsibilities, including administrating contracts, interacting with residents, and following and reporting any legal requirements.
- Serving as Clerk-Treasurer, including oversight and management of Town finances, acting as custodian of funds, and preparing monthly and annual financial reports.
- Keeping official records, including attending all meetings of the Council and preparing minutes, recording all Council actions, and furnishing copies of municipal records, upon request.
- Handling intergovernmental relations at county and state level.
- Performing other duties assigned by the Council.