Tuesdays and Fridays, except holidays. Ecology Services will not collect refuse on these holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When these holidays fall on a scheduled collection day, the Contractor will skip that collection and make the collection on the next scheduled collection day (hence one collection will take place that week).
The Town of Chevy Chase View has contracted for back yard refuse pickup service. You DO NOT need to bring your refuse containers to the curb for pickup. Just be sure your containers are accessible and visible or tell the collectors where to find them.
Please use rigid containers made of metal or plastic with tight-fitting lids. You may use heavy disposable plastic liners, but liners must be kept in approved containers when storing trash between collections. In other words, don’t leave your items out in plastic bags alone — crows, squirrels and other critters love to get into their contents and would have easy access. Uncontained piles of trash, garbage, and overflowing containers cannot be collected.
- Large tree stumps, wood piles, large rocks, large tree limbs
- Poisons, acids, caustics, explosives, flammable liquids, ammunition and other hazardous waste
- Motor vehicle parts (including batteries and oil)
- Bricks and general construction debris
- Iron pipe over ten feet in length
- Dead animals, human and animal feces
- Significant quantities of newspapers and corrugated cardboard cartons. These items should be placed at the curb on Tuesdays for recycling pickup. Please remember to break down cardboard boxes.