In early September, Washington Gas completed Phase #1 of the Washington Gas Franklin Street gas main replacement project. This work was completed in six weeks, largely due to the cooperation and patience of Washington Gas construction supervisor, Jeff Sirk, and all the Franklin Street residents directly affected by this work.
Wednesday, October 18th, marks the beginning of Phase #2 of this project. MT Laney, the Washington Gas contractor for this phase, hopes to complete this work no later than the week of Thanksgiving (weather permitting). The work includes milling the roadway, replacing 1300 linear feet of concrete curb/gutter, replacement of four (4) driveway aprons, repair of utility cuts, paving of roadway, installation of three (3) speed humps, and painting of speed humps, intersection stop bars and crosswalks.
Please see the MT Laney schedule for more specific information.
MT Laney Franklin Street Road Work Schedule
Wednesday 10/18 and Thursday 10/19
- Milling the Franklin Street roadway. No parking signs are now posted on Franklin Street indicating the restrictions from Wednesday, 10/18 through Friday, 10/20, which allows for weather conditions.
Week of 10/23-10/27
- Concrete curb/gutter and driveway repair work begins (estimated 5-6 days) .
Week of 10/30-11/22 (estimated completion date)
- Repair of utility cuts in roadway begins.
- Paving of roadway begins, followed by speed hump installation and painting of speed humps, intersection stop bars and crosswalks.
- One-way traffic will be directed on Franklin Street (between Summit Avenue and Connecticut) during Phase #2 of this project and residents will have access to their driveway at all times.
- No parking will be available on Franklin Street during this time.
- Non-residents of Franklin Street are encouraged to find alternative routes through the Town.
- All Franklin Street residents directly affected will be provided with specific details for the duration of this project.
We will keep you updated as this work progresses.